Sunday, July 8

before and after...

"Not everybody trusts paintings but people believe photographs." - Ansel Adams


I am currently without camera so my plan to conquer the world of portrait photography has been put on hold! I am also without my hard drive that has all my photos on it so I am at a bit of a loose end...


So, I went in search of an image I can play with on photoshop and I found an old photo I took at a friends wedding on my flickr account. It was a lovely day and as she didn't have an official photographer I got to have a go at wedding photography. It was pretty simple and fun to shoot but I found that some important moments of the day were in dark rooms with no natural light. Because of my lack of technical knowledge at the time the result was that some photos only really worked in black and white. I could adjust the tones/curves/etc of those ones until they looked quite nice but I couldn't do it so much in colour without getting purple faces or green hair!


Anyway, I have recently got my hands on an old version of photoshop so it has opened up a whole world of image manipulation I used to only dream of!  I plan to go over some of my old photos and correct things like overly warm tones, grainy qualities and just general mistakes I made first time around.

...after
before...

...my first attempt. The photo was definitely not the most interesting portrait of the day but it was a good example of the type of colour and quality I wasn't happy with at the time. It's not perfect by a long way but I think it's noticeably better...if you have an opinion I would welcome any feedback on my 'Before' and 'After' :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment